Whether you are buying human hair weaves or wigs for your personal use or for your business, you should always know the different types of human hair, including Remy hair and non-Remy hair. Many people mislead that these two terms implicate the grade of hair extensions. In fact, the word “Remy” refers to the direction of the cuticles, which makes Remy hair come with more stunning features than Non-Remy hair. So, what is the difference between Remy and Non Remy hair?
Characteristics of Remy hair and Non-Remy hair
The term “Remy” describes both the qualities of the hair and the process used to make the hair extensions.
Remy hair is gathered from different donors but in a way that preserves the cuticle direction and texture pattern of the natural hair growth by keeping all hair strands aligned in that direction. Therefore, the hair does not tangle and matte over time.
Whereas, Non-Remy hair is collected from many different sources. It originates from hair that has been shed, trimmed, or left on hair salons or temple floors. That’s why the cuticles of Non-Remy hair go in different directions.
After gathering the hair, hair manufacturers recycle and mix the hair to create a weft. Hair manufacturers often coat Non-Remy hair with a layer of silicone for a silkier look. However, the hair will lose the coating soon after washing. It will matte and tangle in a short period of time.
Difference between Remy and Non Remy hair
In general, Remy hair and Non-Remy hair differ from each other in 5 main points:
- Hair quality: Compared to Non-Remy hair, Remy hair is smoother, shinier, and more natural. Even after numerous washings, Remy hair still feels fantastic. Non-Remy hair is easy to shed and tangle.
- Durability: Remy human hair lasts longer than non-Remy hair. After a couple of washing, the silicone coating of the non-Remy hair will wash off. It will be back to the dull and dry look. If you use Non-Remy hair on a daily basis, it can last just a few weeks or a month.
- Maintenance: It’s simple to maintain the smoothness, shine, and natural appearance of Remy hair. However, with Non-Remy hair, because the cuticle runs in both directions, a stronger acid is required. It eventually leads to hair with very low moisture and a dry straw-like look. It will be much harder to care for Non-Remy hair.
- Styling versatility: You can experiment with different colors and styles on Remy human hair, but not on non-Remy hair. Dying or heat styling will shorten the lifespan of Non-Remy hair.
- Hair price: Remy human hair brings a more natural look and feel. That’s why it is more expensive than Non-Remy hair.
Read more: Types of human hair and their prices in Nigeria
Which one is the better choice?
Now that you know the difference between Remy and Non-Remy, you can see that Remy hair is superior to Non-Remy hair in most features. Although it costs you more to get a bundle of Remy human hair, it’s absolutely worth it if you want high-quality hair that feels and looks natural on your scalp.
BigG Hair’s has now been supplying high-quality Vietnamese Remy human hair. Our hair comes with the finest look to suit your purpose. If you are searching for wholesale Remy human hair with the best factory price, don’t forget to WhatsApp BigG Hair or visit our representative offices in USA, Germany, England, and Nigeria!