Is wavy hair and curly hair the same?
Many people think that these two textures are the same. Yet, in fact, wavy hair is a type of curly texture. Curly texture includes wavy, curly, and kinky curly (or the coily one). Curly hair and wavy hair actually have different characteristics. And knowing the difference between curly and wavy hair will help you get the right style you wish.
What is the difference between curly and wavy hair?
Although wavy hair is a type of curly hair, they don’t exactly share the same characteristics. Below is the difference between curly and wavy hair.
- In their look, curly hair forms a zigzag pattern while wavy hair follows an “S” shape. Curly hair creates a full 360-degree spiral and creates a complete circle where it twists. But when it comes to shape, wavy hair is more like an S. Although tighter waves like deep wavy hair can make loose spirals or corkscrews, they won’t make a full circle at the same height.
- While wavy hair begins at mid-length and is softer, curly hair starts at the roots and has a scrunchy and rough texture.
- Wavy hair lies between curly and straight textures while curly hair curls have a more spring-like texture.
- Curls are more likely to break than waves.
- Compared to wavy hair, combing curly hair is more challenging.
- Curls have a naturally thicker structure than wavy hair.
- Curly hair is thicker, which makes styling more challenging than wavy hair.
- With curly hair, you may need to clarify your hair more frequently.
- Wavy hair is more likely to become weighed down easily. Therefore, it’s also easier to be straightened and lose definition easier than curly hair.
- Curly hair requires more deep conditioning than wavy hair.
- With curly hair, you can use some techniques like finger coiling, wet styling, and A Denman brush. Yet, these techniques are less likely to work on wavy hair.
What curly styles and wavy styles do BigG Hair offer?
There are so many wavy and curly textures in the hair extensions market. As for BigG Hair, we focus on particular textures that are trendy in each market.
For the Nigerian and African markets, we offer the following curly and wavy textures:
- Wavy hair: deep wavy, body wavy, water wavy, bouncy wavy, fumi wavy, loose wavy, classic wavy, and big wavy.
- Curly hair: deep curly, loose curly, romantic curly, kinky curly, twist curly, afro curly, Peruvian curly, pixie curly, magic curly, bouncy curly, body twist, curly tips.
Some FAQs about wavy hair and curly hair
Can your hair be both wavy and curly?
Yes, many people have various hair textures. A person who combines hair textures 2c and 3a can have both wavy and curly hair.
Can wavy hair become curly hair?
Wavy hair can occasionally naturally become curly. especially if your hair is curly but has been colored, permed, or damaged by heat tools.
Should I treat wavy hair and curly hair the same way?
Many people who have wavy hair like to use the curly girl method, but with some adjustments. However, not all can be applicable to wavy hair. So, consider carefully before you do or consult your hairstylist for advice.
How should I brush my wavy or curly hair?
No matter what kind of hair you have, you should always brush it when it’s wet. This is particularly true for curly and wavy hair since they are more prone to damage.
How to manage wavy hair for a better look?
Your waves will look even more lovely once you’ve styled them and let them be natural for a few days. So, to manage wavy hair and maintain the bounce for the next several days, you’ll need a dry shampoo and a styling spray. The use of hairstyle tools is essential, but it’s crucial to remember that they can end up harming your hair. To avoid this, we advise using them only once, followed by braiding your hair to maintain the waves appearing fresh and fashionable.
How to keep curly hair in good shape?
No matter what curly textures your hair has, taking care of them is the secret to preserving a thick, shinier, and healthy hair structure. To make your hair withstand any heat styling tools, we advise using a deep conditioning technique to enhance shine, volume, and hydration for your curly hair. Additionally, routine cuts and combing methods can also make a huge effect.
So that you’ve known the difference between curly and wavy hair, let’s opt for the style you want. And don’t forget to try wavy hair extensions and curly hair extensions if you want to rock the look without harming your hair!